Keeping essential oil rollerballs on hand is the easiest, most convenient way to keep your favorite blends readily available at all times. These 10 simple recipes will get you off to a great start!
When I was brand new to oiling, I remember feeling overwhelmed and kinda stuck – like I didn’t know where to begin. Then I discovered the ease of rollerballs. Read about my health journey to essential oils here.
What’s a rollerball, you ask? It’s simply a small glass bottle (usually 5-10 ml.) that is topped with a fitment which holds a tiny metal ball. The oils inside the bottle coat the ball as you roll it onto your skin – and helps you apply the oils topically – without accidentally using more than you need. As budget-conscious mommas, we want to be wise with our oils and not let any go to waste.
One of my favorite things about using rollerballs is that they help stretch your oils even further when properly diluted. (Don’t worry, dilution can sound hard and math-y – but it’s not. I’ve got a great resource for you I’ll share at the end of this post.)
What if I don’t want to mess with making my own rollerballs?
Even though making your own is really easy, some people just don’t want to bother. And I get it. Thankfully, with the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living, you also get a lifetime wholesale discount. Lifetime. *happy dance!*(you can get yours here) We have a bunch of pre-made, pre-diluted rollerballs that require no more than opening the lid – they’re ready to go straight out of the box.
Rather make your own blends? Let’s do this!
*The following list contains affiliate links for your convenience. Full discloser here.*
Here’s what you’ll need:
- tinted glass rollerbottles (I like the 10 ml. ones, but you do whatever size you like – and tinted glass because you don’t want to expose your oils to sunlight)
- pipettes (some rollerbottles come with these – so check for them)
- carrier oil (I prefer to use organic sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, or grapeseed oil)
- your favorite essential oils (I *only* use and recommend Young Living Essential Oils. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unparalleled. Here’s why.)
10 Essential Oil Rollerball Recipes you’ll love
*All these recipes are for a 10 ml. bottle – and the numbers for each oil are for the number of drops you’ll add.
- Head Throb: 15 peppermint, 15 lavender, 5 Frankincense, 3 copaiba
- Hothead: 5 idaho blue spruce, 5 lavender, 5 lemon, 3 copaiba, 3 frankincense, 3 peppermint
- Tension Relief: 10 Panaway, 10 peppermint, 10 copaiba
- Relax and Chill: 10 frankincense, 10 Stress Away, 10 copaiba
- Mood Brightener: 10 lavender, 10 bergamot, 5 ylang ylang
- Sleepy Time: 6 vetiver, 10 cedarwood, 10 lavender
- Calm Yo’self Down: 10 lavender, 10 sandalwood, 5 geranium
- Chill Out: 10 lavender, 12 frankincense, 2-4 jasmine
- Focus: 5 lavender, 5 cedarwood, 3 vetiver
- Happy Tummy: 10 DiGize, 10 peppermint
A FREE dilution calculator for you!
Oh! And that free resource I mentioned above? It does all the dilution math for you!!
As a non-math-y person, this site is heaven sent. For all your dilutions, go to Oily Notebook – there, you can enter the oil you want to dilute, the age of the person you’re making the rollerball for, the size of your rollerball (or if you just want to mix in hand for one application) and voila! It tells you exactly how much carrier oil to use for that oil.
It. Is. Amazing.
If you’re brand new to essential oils and want to learn more, I warmly invite you to join me in my essential oils group on Facebook! I give free classes, along with simple, essential oil infused DIY recipes that anyone can make. Click here to join the fun – See you there!
Have fun playing with your oils! This oily life is something I wish I had known about years ago and I know it’ll bless you, too.