With my Dump and Run Chili in your recipe repertoire, you’ll never be stuck with a last-minute dinner fiasco. This deliciousness takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and it’ll fill hungry bellies and warm spirits.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure here.*
When your morning is crazy and you already know your day isn’t going to slow down anytime soon, this chili will be your saving grace.
With only seven ingredients (not counting spices), it truly is a “dump and run” meal. Dump everything into your instant pot or slow cooker, give it one quick stir, and walk away.
Just don’t forget to turn on whichever cooker you’re using. 😉 Not that I’ve ever done such a thing…. 😀
Dump and Run Chili ingredients
- 2 pounds ground beef that you precooked as per the instructions here. (I cook up 5-7 pounds of ground beef at a time and it’s such a lifesaver. If you’ve never done this before, bless your future self and go do it.)
- 1-2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 2-3 Tbsp. chili powder (confession, I always eyeball my seasonings and adjust to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- Salt, Pepper, and Onion Powder to taste
Don’t overthink this.
I literally grab everything I need, open it all up, and dump it all in.
I’ve even been known to cut the bags off the pre-cooked frozen ground beef because I forgot to let it thaw. No worries. It all cooks down and tastes delicious.
Toss in the ground beef.
Add the tomatoes and beans.
Then sprinkle the spices on top.
Give it all one good stir and walk away.
That’s where the silly name comes in. Dump everything in. Now run along with the rest of your day.
Dinner will be waiting to greet you when you get home.
Our family favorite toppings
We like to top our chili with:
- Fritos corn chips (the Aldi brand because #grocerybudget)
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
For more quick and easy tastiness, head over here –> Fall Recipes That’ll Save Your Sanity.