This low carb peppermint mocha bulletproof coffee has been a long time favorite of mine. Creamy, nourishing, and delicious.
Some days I love taking the time to make a proper breakfast, puttering about the kitchen, scrambling eggs, frying bacon, or making a hot bowl of oatmeal.
And some days I either don’t have the time or just plain don’t feel like eating…but I know I need something to fuel my day.
Enter my version of bullet proof coffee: Low carb peppermint mocha bulletproof coffee.
While the original BPC is yummy, I like to add a few extras to recreate the flavor of my favorite peppermint mocha from back in the day when I used to consume sugar.
But that’s a whole other story. Let’s get right to the recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure here.*
Peppermint Mocha Bulletproof Coffee Ingredients
- approx. 12 oz. of fresh brewed coffee. (I much prefer french press coffee or espresso, but regular brewed coffee is lovely, too.)
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil OR 1 tsp. MCT oil (this is a good brand here)
- your favorite stevia to taste – here is my favorite brand
- 1 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1-2 drops YL peppermint essential oil (get yours here) – or peppermint extract to taste
- for protein, I’ll often add a scoop of plain protein powder or high quality collagen
- heavy whipping cream, whipped, for topping (totally optional, but extra decadent and delicious)
- Place all the above ingredients (except the whipped cream) into a large blender jar and blend for about 10-15 seconds. Be sure to hold the lid tightly and always exercise caution when blending hot liquids.
- Once frothy and creamy, turn off blender. (do I actually have to say that? Probably not…but just in case)
- Carefully remove blender lid and pour into your waiting mug.
Sometimes I’ll take time to whip the heavy cream for a luxurious topping, even sprinkling some chocolate shavings on top…
and sometimes I keep it simple and just leave it as is.
There’s no wrong way to enjoy this goodness.
Unless you forget to add the cocoa powder. Like I did when taking photos for this post. Sometimes I crack myself up and just have to share my foibles.
And this is after I already spilled coffee when I was pouring and trying to take a photo at the same time. Bless.
But you know what? It still tasted good. 😀
Fast Fix Friday
EVERY(ISH) FRIDAY, MY GIRLS, THE PURPLE HYDRANGEA AND FARMHOUSE MADE, AND I GET TOGETHER AND BRING YOU A SUPER SIMPLE, FAST FIX TO SIMPLIFY AND BEAUTIFY YOUR HOME AND LIFE.
This week’s fix:
Kim: didn’t have a Fast Friday Fix this week, but head on over to see what she’s been up to!