Don’t spend a fortune on skin care creams when you can whip up this Myrrh Facial Serum in just a few minutes – for a fraction of the cost.
When life gets crazy, one of the first things to go is self care – and that includes skincare. Our skin is the largest organ of our body, so why do we overlook it? A healthy skin care routine doesn’t need to be a time intensive or expensive thing.
The Myrrh Facial Serum recipe I’m sharing with you today has become a new favorite ever since I turned 40 this past year. It’s lightweight under my makeup, yet it’s intensively healing and nourishing.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure here.*
*I encourage you to do your own research on the incredible benefits of using the oils listed in the ingredients for this recipe. So many testimonials and so much research has been done – I find it all very interesting.
Fast Fix Friday
Every(ish) Friday, my girls, The Purple Hydrangea and Farmhouse Made, and I get together and bring you a super simple, fast fix to simplify and beautify your home and life.
This week’s fix:
Here’s what you need
- 1 glass bottle with dropper lid (rollers are not recommended – to avoid contamination).
- Organic jojoba oil (or you can use argan oil or avocado oil for dryer/mature skin)
- Vitamin E oil
- Myrrh essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Lavender and/or Cedarwood essential oil (I love to use both the Lavender and Cedarwood, but you can use just one if you prefer)
- Add 5 drops each of Myrrh, Frankincense, and Lavender and/or Cedarwood essential oils to the bottle.
- Top off with 1 teaspoon each of jojoba and vitamin E oils. (These mini flexible funnels makes easy work of adding oils – with no worry of dripping oil down the side.)
- Screw on the dropper lid.
- Shake and apply on a clean, dry face.
- Add this to your skin routine and use consistently to maintain healthy-looking skin. (I use it morning and night)
- Apply on dry skin when needed.
Cost breakdown for my Myrrh Facial Serum
I can hear you now, “But Myrrh and Frankincense are so expensive!” Don’t worry, that was my initial thought, too, until I did the math. Please note that I only use and love Young Living essential oils so the prices listed are for this brand, at my wholesale cost. You can get your personal wholesale membership here.
Here you go:
- Myrrh: $66.75 = approx. 300 drops, which breaks down to .22 per drop
- Frankincense: $75.50 = approx. 300 drops, which breaks down to .25 per drop
- Lavender: $24.25 = approx. 300 drops, which breaks down to .08 per drop
- Cedarwood: $11.50 = approx. 300 drops, which breaks down to .04 per drop
- Jojoba, Argan, and Avocado oil prices vary, but seem to hover around $10 for a 2 ounce bottle – which breaks down to .83 per teaspoon
- Vitamin E oil also seems to average around $10 for a 2 ounce bottle, which breaks down to .83 per teaspoon. You may be able to find better prices, depending on your oil brand and whether it’s organic or not.
Less than $5 a batch!
All in all, this liquid gold is going to cost you $4.61 per batch. Four dollars and sixty one cents! I realize the initial cost might seem high if you’re starting from scratch, but really, it works out to be less than $5 a batch!
Girlfriend, this is some seriously economical yet luxurious skin care goodness right here. And when people ask you about your glowing skin, you can smile and share our little secret….that your skincare routine does NOT involve an expensive, teeny tiny jar of face cream filled with who-knows-what-chemical-concoctions. Nope.
You made it yourself – with all organic ingredients – for under $5.
I call that a win!
Not to mention you’ll get so. very. many. batches of this facial serum out of these bottles. Each 15 ml bottle of essential oil contains approximately 300 drops – and you only need FIVE DROPS for a batch.
And if you’ve got stubborn skin issues? Applying Myrrh or Frankincense directly to the trouble spots is known to improve the appearance of your skin.
Grab your oils (if you need some, click here), your dropper bottle, and let’s whip up some goodness. If you’re feeling super generous, you could make an extra bottle for your BFF. I bet no one else will be giving her anything as luxurious as your Myrrh Facial Serum. 😉
Now go forth and share this with all your girlfriends! Have a Myrrh Facial Serum-making girl’s night in. Or whip up multiple batches and bless the favorite women in your life. Glowing skin for every woman! 😀